12 thoughts on “Roll Nineteen

1. andygemmell says:

Some very nice moments here Mark. A birthday AND Christmas….I used to love that when I was growing up!

I actually despaired a little when looking at these. J is just busting to get involved up the back. I felt like reaching in and picking her up out of her high chair and plonking her right in the mix. I suspect though everyone was having little rest as she’s normally “in the mix”…:-)

An MP…from the cupboard or new to the collection?

Andy,

It’s so funny you should say that: The Producer and I both thought the same thing the moment we saw them: that Baby J is just ITCHING to get in on the action, and I wish that we had grabbed her. However (as you point out!) she is usually the centre of attention the other 23.95 hrs of the day, and was absolutely just fine in the chair for the moment. It definitely gives the pics a “me too me too!” sort of vibe.

The used MP was added to the collection about four months ago–so kind of both, I guess!

Take care, M.

• andygemmell says:

How do you like it vs. the trusty Ikon. Co-incidentally picked the Ikon up again after not using for a while and really enjoyed it. I’ve found the knack of getting the rf patch spot on when looking through the view finder. Initially was a bit tricky but just need to know the angle and distance from your eye and now it’s all good.

Andy,

It’s a different bird compared to the Ikon–everything manual (no aperture priority mode…) and shutter speed dial a little too small; Viewfinder is not as big and bright as the Ikon either. However, it feels super solid, and the film advance is silky-smooth. Loading it feels a bit like a religious experience.

Glad to hear you’ve got the Ikon worked out!

2. greg g says:

The “lead” image is delightful (not to say the rest aren’t, but that one seems especially so)… what a great exchange of expressions and pretty perfect timing from you.

3. Prosophos says:

These are soooo good. This is you in fine form my friend.

And yes, little J is just chomping at the bit. Your momentary “neglect” of her has created an awesome “awww” moment.

On another, more technical note, although I’m sure the medium format files are more impressive when viewed at a large(r) size, it’s your film work in the 35mm format that usually gets my attention. Don’t know if it’s the Leica glass, or…?

Thanks so much Peter.

In truth, the medium format files have been junk lately…it is a combo of the crappy film, and the constricting aperture (get it? constricting?) of f/3.5; but the negatives are just so addicting. Either way (despite my attraction) the Fuji is going to have to produce very soon, or it is going to find itself “homeless”.

Cheers, M.

4. Jason Timmis says:

Happy Holidays Mark.
    Another set out of great shots….and it doesn’t hurt that they were shot with ‘my’ lens.

I too was laughing at Baby J chaffing at the bit in the back ground…the sugar monster awakens!!

Jason.

Thanks Jason…Happy Holidays to you too!

Yes, the 50 lux is pretty much welded to the front of the camera nowadays…it definitely seems to produce the most reliable images.

…and there ARE four sugar monsters here!