9 thoughts on “Reading Practice

1. Abilio says:

Wonderful emotion in this and I really like the tones. I’ve very much enjoyed your last few posts! Keep up the inspirational work!

• Abilio says:

There seems to be a recent new appreciation for film blossoming among photographers and photographic forums/blogs….you are truly a pioneer however, with respect to the variety of films you use and the different effects you are able to achieve so well by self-developing your (especially) color images. You are an artist in every sense and should be very proud of your body of work!

Wow, thanks Abilio!

I really do appreciate that.

(Can I send you some film?)

(Seriously though…I’ve got about 800 feet of motion picture film laying around…my wife is gonna kill me).

• Abilio says:

Sadly I possess neither the talent nor the patience…and my wife would kill me first! I will just continue to admire your results instead!

2. greg g says:

You all could very well have hit on THE secret ingredient for achieving universal literacy…hugs during practice!!!

Also, this actually does look amazing: rich, smooth, great extension.

Thanks Greg!

Surprisingly, the method requires some cooperation on the part of the “reader”…and a fair amount of time from the “readee”.

3. Ondrej Caska says:

Mark, great photo. By the way, I did not know that you have Nokton 50mm f/1.5. How do you like it? I have the silver version and its great 🙂 You can now compare with your Lux 50.

Hi Ondra! Great to hear from you. Thanks for the comments.

I did recently get the black version of the Nokton–I was looking for something slightly lighter than my chrome Lux. I haven’t had a chance to do a direct comparison, but I definitely like this lens a lot.

Hope you’re well,