One Hour Photo

OneHrPhoto-1

Remember those labs in the 90’s?  Drop your film off, and pick up your poorly-processed prints in only 60 minutes?!

Maybe that’s why film kind of died.

Anyway, these were taken and developed yesterday on 200T.  I think I’m finally happy with the colors I’m producing.

Warmed and cooled these slowly, so hopefully not as much reticulation (but to tell you the truth, I don’t see a big difference…) Maybe it’s just the structure of the film itself.  Or maybe it doesn’t like heat at all, which is why there’s “ECN-2 process”.  (Instead of “mad scientist in my basement” process…)

OneHrPhoto-2

OneHrPhoto-3

OneHrPhoto-4

OneHrPhoto-5

OneHrPhoto-6

OneHrPhoto-7

OneHrPhoto-8

OneHrPhoto-9

12 thoughts on “One Hour Photo

1. Dr_IQ says:

In early 80s I used to buy Kodak Motion Picture film from Seattle FilmWorks. Generally, I liked the results…processing as well as printing.

Hi Doc,

I remember Seattle FilmWorks–but I didn’t realize they sold motion picture film back then! I believe they were mail-in processing, correct?

Anyway, I’d love to see some of those photos!!

Thanks for the info,

2. andygemmell says:

Mark I REALLY like the results from 1. the film (has a distinct character and tones) and 2. the photographer! Really like the first 3 pics though I think the first might move you into the “The Cover of Vogue” category :-)!!

Ha ha! Andy, you are too kind.

Thanks so much; I really like how these turned out!

Anyway, enough about me: Congrats on your feature on SH!

(I was first to comment there, but for some reason my comment is “Awaiting Moderation”. As such, it should show up at some point…)

Also: I commented on your new site, but I’m not sure if you actually saw my post. Great to see your work taking prominence!

Hope you’re well,

3. andygemmell says:

It has just come up on SH and thank you. My reply is now awaiting moderation as well :-).

Thank you very much for all your support and really appreciate it. As for my site and comments I am coming to terms with it….a bit strange being on the other side so now I know how famous bloggers feel….like yourself :-).

4. greg g49 says:

These are beautiful and it’s nice to see the Mrs. get equal time, not as the producer or as supermom, but as herself. That really is a great image with the framing by her arm and wonderful light across classic features.

Quite lovely.

Thanks Greg.

I quite liked this one too–She’d get a lot more airtime if she’d just stand still (put down some kids!) and pose for me more…

Thanks Peter…I appreciate it.

(Truth is, I thought the scene looked cool, and snapped the shot before she scowled at me…does that count?)

5. Bea says:

The first one: wow!!! I love the texture and the color – makes me want to buy a whole reel of vision2!

Thank you for sharing. These pictures made me smile 🙂