Scenery

Scenery-1

A random collection of images from the remainder of the weekend.

I missed critical focus quite a bit–especially at f/2.8 (and with a moving target!)

I think I am going blind–it is amazing how much harder a ground glass (SLR, waist-level finder, etc…) is to focus than a rangefinder!

Anyway, this is a selection of the salvaged–I hope you enjoy.

Scenery-2

Scenery-3

Scenery-4

Scenery-5

Scenery-6

11 thoughts on “Scenery

1. bijansabet says:

These are great!

I do love rangefinders as well. That’s why I picked up the Mamiya 7ii. But I prefer the Hassy over everything. The whole experience is wonderful.

-bijan

Thanks Bijan,

I do love shooting with that hassy–that ‘claCk!’ is just so satisfying.

For some reason, I just didn’t bond with the Mamiya 7, but your work with it is fantastic.

Sooner or later, I think I am just going to have to get my eyes replaced.

2. Stephan Pot says:

Lovely collection. I like them all but I particularly like the carnival image. I agree on the focussing but on the other hand, rangefinder, waist-level, SLR each offer a different way how we look, see and compose.

Thanks Stephan,

You are quite right–it is definitely a different way of seeing and shooting; hence why I like experimenting with all of them!

Everytime I see the negatives from my Bronica SQai I get excited, but then I shoot with the M2 and it reminds me just how much I love rangefinders – and as you mentioned, just how much easier it is to focus! I’d really like to try a Fuji GF67/Bessa 667. These are lovely none the less, have a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Every time I see the negatives from my Bronica SQai I get excited, but then I shoot with the M2 and it reminds me just how much I love rangefinders – and as you mentioned, just how much easier it is to focus! I’d really like to try a Fuji GF67/Bessa 667. These are lovely none the less, have a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Jordan,

Merry Christmas to you and your family too!!

Funny you should mention it, but that is exactly where I have come full-circle to: While the GF670 might have its quirks, it is definitely small, light, and (best of all…) a rangefinder!