The Portal

ThePortal

I’m sure this probably would have been easier to capture with the Mono…but I don’t think I would have been quite as ecstatic about it…

There’s that second…that ‘clack’ of the shutter…when you just know you caught exactly the instant you were hoping for.  No number of digital “attempts” can replace it.

It doesn’t happen very often…but I really think that’s why film is still around.

13 thoughts on “The Portal

1. Stephan Pot says:

Indeed Mark, that is one of the reasons film is still around, so we can enjoy our craft, our passion, at its fullest. Once again a truly gorgeous portrait!

Couldn’t agree more. No matter how many pictures I really like from anything digital I take, there is always something special about capturing momentst on film. Maybe I’m more proud, maybe it’s more fun, maybe I just prefer the look. I don’t know what it is, but I hope I never have to give it up.

By the way, I’ve been thinking this the past few times you’ve posted with the Hassy…I feel like you and the Hassy have the same relationship Peter and his CCD sensors have. You should just give in already!

Stephan, “Serial” and Greg…Thank you very much, Gentlemen. I do appreciate your warm comments.

Jordan: I have learned my lesson, and have fully and permanently committed.

All the best to you all,
      -Mark.

3. Jason Timmis says:

Ohhh ya. That was a BAMM!
    Back lighting and B&W…gotta love it.

Not to take anything away from you Ol’Boy but are we sure The Producer didn’t have anything to do with this? ….or was Baby J just in the her groove?

Nicely done.

I like that Jason–

BAMM!

Believe-it-or not, the Producer was actually at work when I took this. I was obviously channeling her though…

4. walker says:

“There’s that second…that ‘clack’ of the shutter…when you just know you caught exactly the instant you were hoping for. No number of digital “attempts” can replace it”

Hat’s off, it’s a fantastic sentence!

5. andygemmell says:

Have not popped in for a while and it was a pleasure to see all of the new images but especially this one. Nice work…Looks like you’ve graduated from being the apprentice to “The New Producer.”