Scenes from the Battlefield

SFTB-2

More pictures from our bitter-sweet weekend.

The B&W are BW400CN stand-developed in Rodinal 1:100 @ 20ºC.  I wasn’t sure what sort of timing I wanted to use, so I just let it soak for an hour…never fails.

Color ones are Portra 160–All on the M2 and 50mm Summarit.

SFTB-5

SFTB-1

SFTB-6

SFTB-3

SFTB-7

SFTB-4

7 thoughts on “Scenes from the Battlefield

So you’ve finally got the M2 back? These look great, love the Portra look as always. I’ve got to try some Rodinal some time, have always liked the look.

Thanks Jordan!

Yes, the M2 is now in-hand. Almost a religious experience to shoot with.

The Rodinal is definitely my favorite developer–extremely versatile. If you don’t sell your gear like Peter (or TO peter!) then you definitely have to give it a shot.

2. PhotographsbyPeter.com says:

Every time I look at one of your film posts, I want to go back to shooting film. Then I remember that I have no film equipment/chemicals anymore, no scanner, etc… and I quietly back-track to my digital bubble.

Thanks Peter.

If that’s what I’m achieving, then I am accomplishing my goal.

Now Jordan (above) has an M2 for sale, and I’ve got a surplus scanner…….
      I’d sure like to see that new/old lens of yours on film, once repaired.

• jkjod says:

Peter – if you are indeed interested in the M2, Mark knows how to get a hold of me. I do miss your meanderings with film.

3. Joe shoots resurrected cameras says:

You know, the more I look at your color shots here, the more I am reminded of black & white photographs that were hand tinted. Anyway, I broke down and bought a Summarit, you’ve convinced me! I’ll be trying my own experiments with it combined with color film 🙂