7 thoughts on “Breaking all the rules.

1. greg g says:

In that case: I recommend staying out of Porche spyders and away from guys named Turnupseed (especially with your recent track, well, er, soccer record.)

• greg g says:

OK, not sure that wasn’t too oblique. James Dean, age 24, the original “Rebel Without a Cause” (from the movie of that title, circa 1955?) was killed when his Porche 550 Spyder struck a station wagon being driven by one Donald Turnupseed. Dean appeared only 3 times on the big screen: East of Eden, Rebel Without a Cause, and Giant, the last two of which were released after his death. He was nominated for the Academy Award for Eden and posthumously (one of only two ever) for Giant, but it was Rebel that made him famous.

And if you knew all that already, I apologize for belaboring it.

Greg,

While you remain an encyclopedic source of knowledge for me, I did obliquely get the impressive reference. 😉 (Though I still can’t believe the guy’s name was Turnupseed!!)

I don’t know which rules you are breaking, but please let me know as I don’t want to follow them either if it works out like this…

Thanks very much Jordan!

I think I learned something about not cutting off heads or feet or something. In any case, never mind…

3. Andy Gemmell says:

I know it’s a “rule” but seriously, if it resonates with you the image maker and whomever else see’s this, people will forget the rule existed.

Greg has referenced James Dean……who cares about the rule?!!