9 thoughts on “Top Secret Project XJ-65 dash 1

1. Karim D. Ghantous says:

These are amazing. Damn, man, you really need to print at least one of these!

Sad thing is, you could enter these beautiful images into a competition and you can bet your last dollar that they wouldn’t even make it past round one. But competitions don’t necessarily exist to promote excellence, as we all well know. And hey, as if it matters!

I do wonder about your ‘Project’ though. This implies more than just a camera system… OR DOES IT. Is ‘XJ-65’ a clue? 65 = 65mm as in movie film? Nah, couldn’t be… I do notice that the lens has a nice focus roll-off, though.

Thanks Karim.

I am pretty darn excited about these myself. One of them may indeed end up on the wall…but I need to find a lab that does actual enlargements right from film.

Any suggestions anyone?

-M

I have an enlarger/dark room. I’d be more than happy to enlarge some for you (I can only go up to 8×10). Problem is, it won’t be back up and running for at least a month unfortunately.

I completely agree with the above sentiments, there is a lovely dreariness to these.

WHAT?! Jordan! Dreariness??

How could you?!

😀

Thanks very much for the comments, and the offer…I may have a bead on a lab in Vancouver so I’ll check it out.

• jkjod says:

Haha, well it was early and I was using my phone…apparently Siri thinks differently 🙂

Let me know otherwise. It would be a long commute, but I wouldn’t mind one bit.

3. Guy says:

These really are amazing!

Of course they leave me a bit envious, as I could never create anything quite like this 😦

On the up side, I do have the models at home.

Regards