Current Mood

currentmood-1

Unfortunately “a pox” has come upon our house–little sleep and tons of laundry.

(Child one: As yet unaffected. Child two: in recovery. Child three: down for the count).

In other news, “Thank you” to my dear friend Peter for the mostly gift (yes it was don’t you argue with me right now I will cut you) of a gorgeous lens.

7 thoughts on “Current Mood

1. Peter | Prosophos says:

LOL, you PAID for it my friend so don’t you start with me!

I can’t believe you nailed your first shot with it though… you devil you. Love the cascading composition…

2. Karim D. Ghantous says:

So Peter quit his job and is now giving out free Zeiss lenses on street corners in the middle of winter? I’ll take two!

I hope that the snow doesn’t force you all to stay indoors. I imagine driving might be impossible but do hope that you can make a daily snowman. And if you do, I’d like to suggest that you make cubic snowmen, using cardboard boxes as moulds (or molds – I’m not sure how Canadianites spell it?).

Karim,

Indoor confinement is pretty much a fact of life here…hence why we travel!

And:
      Mold – good.
      Mould – Very very bad.

And here I thought our little one having a cold was bad! I used to have the ZM 21, really liked that lens but boy was it wide. 25 seems like a good compromise for wider than 35, but not SUUUUUUPER wide. Eager to see what else you do with it, Peter laid down the gauntlet with some of his coffee house work…so good luck!

Jordan,

Peter definitely set the bar high–extremely high. I was never quite sure why he wanted to get rid of the lens (I know he prefers the Leica colour signature over the Zeiss…) but I am quite enamoured with it. The nice thing about a 25mm, is that it is basically a “28mm with crop insurance for straightening”.

Anyway, don’t expect too much here!

• Peter | Prosophos says:

LOL… “set the bar high-extremely high”… you gentlemen slay me.

Why did I want to “get rid” of it? In short, because I’m an idiot.

At least it’s now in very capable hands.

—Peter.