8 thoughts on “Chores

1. ryan says:

Great job, I wonder whether negative film color will be disturb by B&W dev pre-soak.the mainly function of B&W pre-soak is Noise Reduction,right?
    it’s necessary to resin after B&W pre-soak,how long did you take it.5 or 4 mins?

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for your comment! I’m not sure I am seeing any disturbance in the colour–the saturation and tones seem to be well-preserved.

By “Resin” do you mean “Fix” the B&W developer, or do you mean “Rinse”?

You do not actually fix the developer at all here–you simply do two quick rinses, and then start the colour development process. The Rodinal is very dilute, so there really is not much developer to rinse away after the 10 minutes.

• ryan says:

thank your rely, I’m so sorry type the wrong words “Resin”,make your confuse about the mean of Rinse, so sorry.but your explain is useful for me, thanks anyway

yours sincerely Ryan

• ryan says:

I guess this method can use for any high speed color film development process in C41,I have to try some roll for pre – development by Rodinal in 1:100 dilution for test noise deduction.

I guess it works for 35mm as well! Between this and the 120 stuff from a couple of days ago, there is almost a slide film “look” to these, which I really enjoy. Happy this worked, happier I didn’t make you waste two rolls of film 😂

Thanks Jordan–I totally agree. It really gives the film a sort of “deep richness”.

It has definitely been an exciting advance!

3. Karim Ghantous says:

Nice set. Love the natural light. This blog is kind of like LIFE but you get a couple of pages every day – free. 🙂 And you get to talk directly to the photographer!

I’d love to see a direct comparison. But at very worst, these look a tiny bit better than non-flashed film. I have to assume that this can be used for b&w film, too, so next time you load up some 5222, try it and see if it works.

Thanks Karim–

The principle will not work for B&W film, as the “pre-development” will not be bleached away by the subsequent secondary process–it will all just be “development” (if you follow what I am saying…)