9 thoughts on “Wandering In.

1. greg g49 says:

Different for you, but I love ’em. These fragments, call them bits and pieces, are a style I’ve always found intriguing. Least favorite : shoes. Most favorite : 3 way stop. Way cool.

2. Karim Ghantous says:

Some nice shots here – and I like this film. Its grain is quite tight and it looks nice. Certainly, Portra 400 is better but it’s not cheap. So is there much difference if you pre-flash this film? Also, did you push process?

Thanks Karim–

Yes, these were pushed one stop. I shot the film at ISO 800 on purpose to find out if the Rodinal affected it in the same positive way–this certainly seems to be the case.

3. andygemmell says:

Great! How we see…its an intriguing concept. Really like the STOP sign image but put them all together makes it a nice series.

This book is a good read when it comes to this style of photography…..

The Practice of Contemplative Photography by Andy Karr and Michael Wood.

4. Jason Timmis says:

Hi Mark,

It’s been a while. Catching up on your site with coffee in hand this morning and found this post. Really like these. Nice aesthetic, nice feel. I guess because you are family-centric with most of your posts there was a hey, wait, what moment when I first started looking at them. In case you need permission I would encourage you to investigate this direction more…with what ever film is in the camera 😉 !

Jason.

Many thanks, Jason–great to hear from you!

It is certainly a pleasant pasttime for me to go out and shoot like this–hopefully there will be additional opportunities.