11 thoughts on “Sunset on my Sunshine

Lol…

Yes, I too would be dismayed if it was the iPhone; One day it probably will be…but this is not that day.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the lens!

Thanks Karim,

You’re correct—the camera is pretty much a guessing game (and since it is a combo I have not posted before, it is pretty much a shot in the dark).

Anyway, you are correct—it is a digital file, but the ISO was low. You are probably seeing the result of post-processing. Answer to follow in a bit.

Hi Patrick,

A pretty good guess actually…but you didn’t really commit!!

In any case, you’re not *technically* wrong–it is the 56/1.2 lens on the Fuji X-Pro2, which roughly equates to 85mm.

As a result, I am prepared to award both you and Karim 25 cents each.

(It makes sense if you think about it: 50 cents for each of camera, lens, and medium, with a 50% deduction on the prize money for a partially correct answer…)

1. Patrick says:

Used to have that lens on a XT-2 before I went back to FF with the Sony A7R3. Lovely set-up and great tool in the right hands. Cheers!

Thanks very much Patrick…How are you enjoying the 7R3?

I just couldn’t get comfortable with the colours on the 7R2, but I sure do miss IBIS on the Fuji system. (Hopefully the upcoming X-H1 will be the answer I am looking for…)

2. Patrick says:

I just picked up a minty used 85/1.4 GM for the A7R3 and that is a golden combo for shots like this. I’m more of a 50’s guy so the working distance will take some getting used to, but the output speaks for itself.

I use Lightroom for post-processing so Fuji never played well. I find that I can get the Sony files to look they way I want with some rather minimal processing.